Well I survived my first week of work. It was fairly uneventful; I had orientation for a couple of days, meetings about benefits and protocols, and mostly just wandered around the audiology department. I legally cannot see a patient on my own until my state licensure paperwork arrives and I have to get checked off by the department on various things to show them that I actually know what I'm doing--so until then I will be tagging behind one of my co-workers.
Aside from going to work everyday, I've been hanging out a lot with my new friends, Erin, AJ, and a bunch of people I've met through them. I must admit that I am pleasantly surprised at how my life on the rock is turning out. I hung out with what might be my new YL team last week and they're coming over to my place for dinner tomorrow night (fortunately I do not have to cook for them!). I'm pretty excited to be volunteering with YL again and am a little anxious to start meeting some of the high schoolers. I had lunch yesterday with a friend from college who is a local new reporter here. It's been fun to see her on TV and really fun to catch up in person.
I'm still gathering pictures and hopefully will post those sometime soon. Oh and my second bedroom is still waiting for its first visitor!
No comments:
Post a Comment