Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Night

Tomorrow is my first day at my big girl job! I guess I should be preparing for my first day of work but instead, I'm blogging. I've been here a whole week without driving to Houston so clearly there is a need to update. Here are some highlights of my first full week on the Rock:

I am officially an Arkansan.
So is my car.
I do not have TB.
I have an ID badge for my new job.
I started to take pictures of various things in the Rock and promise to update once I think I have captured my new city appropriately.
I made numerous trips to Wal-Mart and Target, both for buying and for returning.
I talked to the local Young Life office about being a leader.
I met friends at the local YL office--and have proceeded to hang out with them every day since (they like me, they really like me).

Wish me luck for tomorrow's orientation!

5 comments:

Misty Nelson said...

Oh yea!!! Sounds like you are good to go for tomorrow!

Glad you contacted YL to become a leader! That will be PERFECT for you!

Good luck tomorrow, but I know you won't need it!

Miss you!

Sarah said...

Hooray for first day and young life and friends!!!!

Katelin said...

so glad you are meeting good people! we miss you friend! can't wait to hear how the first week goes!

Unknown said...

Julia I am so excited for you! you are going to do very amazing things in the Rock. I can't wait to hear about it!

Glad to hear you are doing so well. We will definitely miss you!

Shey said...

YAYYY! you are like an official adult.
love love you.

MISS you more!