Thursday, March 19, 2009
Being still and waiting
I'm not so great at those things. But apparently, that's where I'm supposed to be right now. In the past two weeks at church and at Bible study, there's been a recurring theme tugging at my heart: being still and waiting on the Lord. Spending time alone, meditating on what God's plan for my life is and not trying to plan out what I'm going to do next/where I will be after my externship/finding a job is really tough for me. I'm trying to figure out how to balance being proactive (finishing my resume, writing cover letters, actually sending in said items to employers) and resting in the Lord. I would absolutely love to stay in the Phoenix area and would love it even more if I got to stay on at Mayo--with a clinic wide hiring freeze and a bad economy, that's not a valid option right now. I debate whether I take a less than desirable job just to stay in the area but then I think I've spent the past 8 years working hard and settling for a simple job seems like a waste. I'm also a little scared to send in my resume to more promising jobs (in geographically undesirable locations), partly because I'm afraid of rejection but more so because I'm afraid they'll accept me. Then the hard decision of "do I move across country to a place where I don't know anyone" has to be made. See how I'm not so great at the being still part?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i know how you feel... it's hard to sit and wait to figure out what He wants for your life and it's even harder to not want to step in and take over yourself. i'll be praying that you figure it all out... i would love for you to stay here, obviously! but, if you do have to move across the country to a place you don't know, you can now say you've done it before. :)
You just did move across the country to a place you don't know anyone..you just took Greg & Misty with you!
So wise...so wise... :)
Also...trust that He will lead you to exactly where you are supposed to be.
julia,
i will be praying for you too, along with these guys. i think we have all had to make decisions like this before. Just know that wherever you end up, He is always there with you, and He will provide for you wherever that place is. [this is what i keep telling myself! :)]
looking forward to seeing you soon!
Post a Comment