Monday, February 2, 2009

Musing about life out west

I love looking at the night sky here. I know "the stars at night/are big and bright/deep in the heart of Texas" but seriously, the stars that show up here are stunning. I also love the sunsets with the mountains as a backdrop--absolutely beautiful and I don't think a picture can ever really capture that beauty.

I love the new friends that I've met here. The Bible study gals have been so welcoming and inclusive. I must admit that I was reluctant at first to really become friends, mainly because I didn't want to get attached to people and then have to leave in a few months. The past two or three months though I've really started to hang out with these gals (and by default, some of their friends) and have a blast every time we do something together.

I sometimes forget that it is winter elsewhere in the country. As I look for jobs (which is a whole 'nother conversation), I seriously question if I will be able to live someplace where it gets cold. This puts a damper on my desire to live in Colorado...

I love where I work and the people I work with (sorry to end that sentence with a preposition). It makes me sad that there's not a position open because I think I would be quite happy with staying here. I am learning so much but also gaining the confidence to become an independent professional.

All in all, my time out west is going well.

4 comments:

lb said...

Isn't it sad that just when you start feeling connected it's almost time to leave? I had a really hard time here for the first few months when you guys all left, and now that I've been able to reconnect with hike friends and some other random people it looks like I'll be moving away by May. Sad day.

Julia said...

it's such a hard in between place...I guess we can look forward to staying in one place once we finds jobs(eek!)

erin said...

i'm so glad a non-arizonan really appreciates the beauty there. I'm captivated by the stars and the sunsets there - i've never seen anything like it any other place - i can't wait to come back!

Sarah Kem Tillman said...

geez! you guys are making me sad! can't we all live in the same city and be friends forever!
i know.. wishful thinking.