Sunday, February 15, 2009
Ear Nerd Alert!
I've been going to the new service at my church called Eleven 10. It's geared towards the "young and hip" crowd I think but I like the music people and the sermon is live via video-feed. Being in audiology school for the past 3 1/2 years has made me very in tune (pardon the pun) with sound and how loud said sound is. The music, although great, has been very loud every time I've gone to the new service. The service is held in the high school building, which is small, has a concrete floor and brick walls (to their defense, there are acoustic tiles on the walls but it still is a reverberant room). Today during the first song, I noted that the volume of the band had been turned down and was actually at a decent level. I saw one of the sound guys stand in the middle of the aisle with a sound level meter! It was very exciting and I was really proud that someone had the sense to know how loud is too loud. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that is SO AWESOME! as your fellow ear nerd, i am happy that your ears were not assaulted.
and let me tell you a story of my own. at Watermark's recent open mic night, it was also really loud, so i whipped out my earplugs, which people made fun of. as i was looking around, there was someone else there with earplugs... he was a sound engineer!
how fun!
as a sound level meter owner myself, this story made me happy too!
And yes, i'll be home march 4-8 for AAS (staying in scottsdale) and then again the 13-22 for spring break...but i might have to come back to dallas early, on the 17 or 18 to have surgery :-(
I hope i can see you both times!! I'm taking some of the Omaha crew hiking on Saturday the 7th, i think...Camelback, want to come?
Such a smart young lady. And your little friends seem smart, too. Makes a dad so proud.
Now you kids get yer damn ball offa my lawn!
Post a Comment