Monday, December 22, 2008
Christmas in Louisiana
Well I made it safely to Houston on Friday night and then drove to Louisiana the next day with my dad. My mom has been taking care of my grandparents and has mostly been staying with them in Bossier City since the last weekend in October. We hung out in Granddaddy's hospital room for most of the time but also went to visit my grandmother in the nursing home (where she is staying temporarily to rehab and get stronger after getting out of the hospital a few weeks ago). My favorite quote of the weekend came from my 90 year old grandmother who talked about "the elderly lady who plays the piano." HA!! Granted, my 90 year old grandmother does NOT act or look like she is 90 but it was still pretty hysterical to hear her talk about the elderly lady. It was also really hard not to laugh out loud at that until I got to the car. Classic. Now I'm back in Houston and got to bring my mom home with me. :) I know she's really glad to be here and I'm looking forward to the week of spending time with the family. Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment