Thursday, November 6, 2008

Adventures at Wal-Market

I went grocery shopping at Wal-Mar the other night. I was met by a Christmas tree when I walked in the door. That's not where the Christmas spirit ended...Wal-Mart was playing Christmas music. Seriously. It's the first week of November. Two weeks ago, I picked up a bag of Halloween candy just in case I had trick-or-treaters (and I picked up a bag of candy that I like, just in case I didn't have any trick-or-treaters) and there were already bags of Christmas M&Ms. I enjoy Christmas as much as the next person (or more than the next person if said person is LB) but seriously, can we get through Thanksgiving first before the commercialization takes over the grocery store?
While in the bread isle, an older man asked me if I had voted and gave me a high-five when I said yes. Ha! I've voted in every presidential election (all two of 'em) since I have been able to vote but this was the first time a man in his 70-80's high-fived me for exercising that right. One of the poll workers tried to get me to sign up to be a county representative back during the primaries, come to think of it, but a high-five was not involved that time. Good times at my neighborhood Wal-Mart!

1 comment:

Sarah Kem Tillman said...

julia! you have a blog! yay!
i can follow along now. i have missed you and our tv watching afternoons/evenings!!
and... that's awesome that men in their 70-80's are still into high-fiving! :)