Wednesday, August 25, 2010

One Year Anniversary

I have been at my job officially one year. A lot has happened since I started living on the Rock. To name a few: I've gotten a real paycheck; some great friends have come to visit; I've been in three weddings; I went on a really good blind date (he's still around and will be for a long long time, by the way); I was a Young Life leader again; I had a terrible case of mono.

A year ago, I would not have expected most of the things on list. A year ago, I thought I would only be here for a short period of time. Life throw has thrown me unexpected things and for the most part (mono excluded), they have been pleasant unexpected things. Again and again, I am reminded that my plan for my life is never as good as God's plan for my life. And I am good with that.

2 comments:

krislyn. said...

Julia! This post makes me happy, in more ways than one. ;-)

Jordy Liz said...

ahhh a boy??? more details, please. :)