Hello again. I have been gone for a while but I am slowly coming back. The month of April is quite literally a blur. The month started off great--I celebrated Easter with a potluck lunch of "orphaned" friends (those of us on the Rock with families far away) and then had an absolute blast at my brother's wedding weekend festivities. I now have a sister-in-law and I love it! I think the newlyweds are pretty happy too. Two days after Justin's wedding, I started running a fever...this turned out to be the first symptoms of mono. Yep, you read that right: mono. Four days after my official diagnosis, I also came down with strep throat. I basically slept through the rest of April. My wonderful mom flew in the day I found out it was mono and took care of me for the next 15 days. And I mean she took care of me. About all I could do was sleep and walk to the bathroom. I felt terrible--words really cannot describe how bad I felt. I think those three weeks were the worst of my life; the weeks following my reconstructive knee surgery in high school have been demoted to second worst.
Those of you who have had mono, you know what I have been through and what I am still going through. Those of you who have not had mono, you really have no idea. You can read about it but experiencing it is a whole different story. I physically could not go to work for three weeks (technically I was put on short-term disability) and I am now only back part-time (technically still on short-term disability). I feel much better than before but I have little to no energy. Unfortunately, this fatigue and low energy can last for months. It amazes me how quickly I start to feel bad and how little it takes to wear me out. I am thrilled that I feel more like my old self but I am starting to get tired of being tired all the time. So that's where I've been, dear readers. An update to let you know where I disappeared to for over a month and a huge shout out on Mother's Day to my great mom. I am proof that even as adults, we all still need our mamas!
1 comment:
Oh no, my love. Jason gave me mono in Jan. '06...or was it '07. OH WELL. It was horrible. The doctor thought it was just strep so he prescribed me ammoxicillin but then, did you know, take any kind of penicillin when you have mono and it causes a rash? Oh yes, a beautiful rash! I was performing in a show, I think you saw it, Rock Nativity, and I had to go on with mono and a rash. HORRIBLE! I feel for you, babe. Keep getting well.
Post a Comment