After spending one night at home on the Rock, I was off to the airport and another flight delay again. Sadly I missed out on seeing Katelin and Alexis completely. I stayed at Shey and Mandy's place for two nights and saw them for about 2 1/2 minutes total. I did get to hang out with Jordan, Chris, and Blake, which was great. The Fiesta Bowl was a lot of fun; the only thing that would have made it better would have been for TCU to win. Oh well, maybe next year.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
New Year's Celebration and Fiesta Bowl!
I enjoy flying Southwest. I like that they give you peanuts and free soft drinks. On long flights you even get to choose from the snack pack. I like that you choose your seat once you get on the plane. There are direct flights to Dallas and Phoenix so I can see my friends in those cities relatively easily. I do have a slight annoyance with Southwest though; the last four times I've flown on Southwest, my departing flight has been delayed with an average of around 3 hours. I'm a pretty easy going person and haven't been too bothered by the delays. Mostly it gives me an excuse to read for a long stretch of time without much interruption. My flight on Thursday was delayed about 3 hours; the waiting wasn't so bad (I was reading The Help and I recommend it) but I missed quality time with the Magnificent Seven minus Susan. Despite the shortened time, I had a good time ringing in the new year--and was in a make-shift bed on the couch by 12:30 :) My kind of NYE celebration! A delicious brunch at Cafe Brazil topped things off nicely, then I was passed off to Amy. We had a Friday night, dinner and 2 movies, just like old times. All in all, it was a great trip to the Big D.
After spending one night at home on the Rock, I was off to the airport and another flight delay again. Sadly I missed out on seeing Katelin and Alexis completely. I stayed at Shey and Mandy's place for two nights and saw them for about 2 1/2 minutes total. I did get to hang out with Jordan, Chris, and Blake, which was great. The Fiesta Bowl was a lot of fun; the only thing that would have made it better would have been for TCU to win. Oh well, maybe next year.
TCU marching band and random guy down in front.
Me and my inside gal, Jordan.
A gigantic American flag; perhaps big enough to make even LB feel patriotic.
Five whirl-wind days but lots of fun.
After spending one night at home on the Rock, I was off to the airport and another flight delay again. Sadly I missed out on seeing Katelin and Alexis completely. I stayed at Shey and Mandy's place for two nights and saw them for about 2 1/2 minutes total. I did get to hang out with Jordan, Chris, and Blake, which was great. The Fiesta Bowl was a lot of fun; the only thing that would have made it better would have been for TCU to win. Oh well, maybe next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Now that IS a big flag...
Saw your post on my blog. I'm super excited! :)
Post a Comment