Lately I've been feeling the need to catch-up. Life is flying by and I am barely keeping up with it. I don't know how this is possible but I think I am busier now than I was in grad school. How can that be?! Fortunately, most of my busyness is comprised of fun things (including seeing a midnight showing of a silly girlie film). I am definitely looking forward to Thanksgiving and have a few days off.
I'm enjoying my life on the rock, busy as it is, but I think I'm still adjusting to being a "real" adult. To be completely honest with you, dear blog readers, I am a little overwhelmed at times. At work, it is beginning to sink in that I alone am responsible for my patients. While I am not in a profession where my choices determine life or death, there are situations where what I do determines if a patient can hear or not. I know I have the skills and the experience needed to do my job, but there are still feelings of anxiousness and doubt. I am also realizing that my Young Life girls are looking to me for direction and guidance; this is a cool but very scary position to be in. Being thrown back into the world of high school girl drama is much harder now that I'm a decade older. It is hard for me to see life through their eyes when from my eyes, so often it looks so petty and insignificant. Then there are other, very real, very serious issues that happen in these girls' lives that I just simply don't know how to deal with or help them deal with it. This post has ended up in a very different place than where started from--but I think these thoughts needed an outlet.
1 comment:
hooray for an update! Being a real adult can be overwhelming for sure! And I'm so glad those girls have you in their lives!
Post a Comment