Friday, July 17, 2009

Life Changes

I officially have a job! I'm going to be a pediatric audiologist at Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock, AR. And I'm moving there in two weeks. eek!

Let me back up a bit. A little over a week ago I got a call from the DC place saying they were going to offer the job to someone else. I was really okay with this and my first thought was relief that I wouldn't have to make a decision about the DC job on my own. Probably a good indication that it was not the right job for me at this point. I left for my visit to Little Rock a few days later. It was a great trip. The people I'll be working with are fantastic and the town is charming. I spent Tuesday at the hospital in the audiology department and meeting lots of people. I fly back to AZ that night and by the time I got to work on Wednesday morning, I had a job offer in my inbox. Throughout this journey of looking and applying for jobs, I've prayed for direction and peace. I knew ACH was a good fit and once I replied with my acceptance, I was at peace. I know this is where I'm supposed to be--as much as it hurts to live my AZ life. I'm leaving pretty fast, which I haven't decided if it's a good thing or a bad thing. A few of my close friends are out of town/the country so that makes it hard to leave without knowing if I'll get to see them again. On the other hand, it will be nice not to string out my goodbyes. Life is changing fast!

3 comments:

Justine said...

Julia, I wanted to let you know that Krislyn will be back in AZ Monday afernoon. She is still traveling in Europe and has no internet. Congradulations with your new job. Justine (Krislyn's mom)

lb said...

man... don't you wish you had finished PAH? j/k! can't wait to come visit :)

Julia said...

Justine--thanks for that update!

LB--I can't wait for you to come visit too!!