Sunday, June 14, 2009

Floating + Friends

Equals a great weekend. I spent most of last week traveling to, being in, and traveling from Louisiana to celebrate my granddaddy. I come from good people, y'all. You can read about it here or just look at these pictures. All in all, it really was a great celebration, with a few travel bumps and not very much sleep. What better way to recover than spend a Saturday floating the Salt River with good friends? I spent the weekend hanging out with a group of people who have become my friends, my support group, my AZ family. Last Sunday when my mom called to tell me about Granddaddy, she commented she was sad that I was alone out here. Within twenty minutes of that phone call and a quick email to my AZ friend list, I had multiple emails, texts, blog comments, and calls from various members of the aforementioned group. I am not alone out here. I am loved by amazing people; they love living life to the fullest and love doing fun things--like floating the river. And I am so happy to be a part of it. It's weekends like this past one that replenish my soul.

4 comments:

krislyn. said...

I had no idea your grandfather was the Chief! What an honor -- looks like he touch so many people's lives in his 93 years of life!

So glad you had a fantastic weekend with everyone. Have a blast in Seattle!

lb said...

cool pics, jules. wish i was out floating with y'all!!

erin said...

:-) i hope you get to stay in az and that i can be part of your az family soon! I miss you!

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing the links, Julia. I had totally forgotten that your granddad was a Fire Chief. Can't wait to spend July 4th weekend with you!!!!