Friday, May 8, 2009
My Cup Runneth Over
My friends threw me a graduation party tonight. It was amazing. So many people showed up and I got to see how many people I have come to call my friend in the ten months that I've lived here. It was also neat to see my friends from different worlds meet and interact. Now everyone will have a face to put with names when I talk about them in the others' presence! The food was absolutely amazing. Way to go me for finding friends who like to cook and rock at it! We ate, talked, laughed, ate some more, laughed more, and had homemade red velvet cake (Amy, you would have loved it! It was one of the best red velvet cakes I've ever had). People brought cards and a few brought gifts. I waited until I got home just now to open all of them...wow. I definitely teared up while going through my cards and gifts because I felt so loved. That's the second time I've cried in a week--I don't know what's going on with me! But I do know I am so loved by these dear friends. I was touched by the notes and sweet words written more than any thank you note can express. Thank you dear friends. You are amazing and I love that you are a part of my life. My cup runneth over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We love you all so much!!! It has been such a blessing to have gotten to know you this year -- can not wait for what God has in store for you Julia!
HOMEMADE red velvet cake...that sounds pretty perfect right about now...
Post a Comment