Saturday, April 11, 2009

What I've been up to lately

I guess I should start back before the scorpion incident...
Misty and I saw Elton John and Billy Joel: Face to Face. It was ah-mazing! No more words can do it justice.

My parents came to visit me and we had a great four day weekend together. We went to a couple of movies, of course. Saturday we went on the Desert Shelter tour at Taliesin West. It's pretty amazing. If you're ever in Scottsdale on a Saturday between November and May, you should check it out. We met up with some of my Arizona friends for church and lunch on Sunday--it was really fun to introduce my parents to my friends out here. Monday we had a full day of Spring Training, Chihuly, and dinner with Cousin Jamie (happened to be in town for work and the aforementioned Billy/Elton concert). M&D left on Tuesday morning and I went to work for one day. Then it was off to Dallas for AAA conference.

Dallas was a blast because all of my classmates were there. We had a mini reunion before graduation next month. I made it through my case study poster session (and no, it did not have glitter or fuzzy cut outs on it). The rest is just lots of nerdy ear stuff.

I got back to AZ on Sunday night, ready for a full week of work. I made it through Monday and then got sick. Tuesday and Wednesday were a blur of fever, not much food, and lots of sleep. I'm all better now, but get tired out very easily. Which is why I am currently enjoying a lazy Saturday morning by updating the blog. Maybe it's time for a nap....

No comments: